This legal document is an electronic record in terms of Information Technology Act, 2000, and rules there under as applicable and the amended provisions pertaining to electronic records in various statutes as amended by the Information Technology Act, 2000. This electronic record is generated by a computer system and does not require any physical or digital signatures.
References in these Terms to "we" or "us" or “web” or “site” or “app” or “company” are references to Shark ID and “you” as a user of Shark ID.
While providing aforesaid online services, the issue of online privacy is extremely crucial for Shark ID which is committed to safeguarding the information provided by its users. Shark ID is dedicated to create a reasonably secured environment for its users.
At the same time, Shark ID would like to make it clear that it may provide links to other websites/apps that are governed by their own respective Privacy Policies and Shark ID shall not take any responsibility for the privacy/security provided by those sites/apps. In addition, Shark ID shall not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third party site/app. Visitors to the Shark ID are urged to familiarize themselves with Privacy Policies, terms-conditions and other policies of such third party sites/apps that collect personally identifiable information. You hereby expressly acknowledge and agree that Shark ID shall not be responsible for any damages, claims or other liability arising from your use of any third party sites/apps.
We will not sell or rent your personal information to third parties for their marketing purposes except as stated in this policy. We shall not distribute your information like inquiries, chat records and conversations to any third parties except as stated in this policy.
- Use and Disclosure of personal information
- Choice or Opt out
- Reasonable Security Practices & Procedures
- Access or change of your personally identifiable information
- Grievance Redressal
- Children’s Privacy
Use and Disclosure of personal information
1.1 Permissions data
- Find accounts on the device
- Read your own contact card
- Find accounts on the device
- read your contacts
- modify your contacts
- Mutual Connections
- Approximate location
- Precise location
- read your text messages
- receive text message
- directly call phone numbers
- reroute outgoing calls
- read call log
- read phone status and identity
- read the contents of your USB storage
- modify or delete then contents of your USB storage
- take pictures and identity
- receive data from internet
- view network connections
- create accounts and password
- pair with Bluetooth settings
- full network access
- Control near field communication
- read sync settings
- draw over the apps
- prevent device from sleeping
- toggle sync on and off
1.2 Setting data:
Change My Number
Option for user to change mobile number on Shark ID. If newly provided number is already registered, system will suggest user to use some other number. System will send OTP to newly provided number for verification.
Change Shark ID
Users have option to change Shark ID from settings page. Once Shark ID is changed system will update your new Shark ID to all persons in your connections.
This will delete user’s account on Shark ID. When account is deleted, user’s personal card and its Shark ID will be released. This Shark ID will become available for other prospective user. With account deleted, user’s verified business card will still be available for user to access.
Switch On/Off to set preference.
System will scan all the contacts on Shark ID and stores it on server. This may help user to get his/her contacts later on.
System will collect all the contacts stored on server and provides user in .vcf file format. You clearly agree and acknowledge that Shark ID shall never be held responsible in case of failure of recovery for back up data due to uncontrollable reasons.
1.3 E-mail information:
You agree and acknowledge that when we receive e-mails/other messages from you, we may retain the content of any e-mails/messages sent to us, as well as details of your e-mail address. You further agree and acknowledge that Shark ID shall use your email id and mobile number information for sending promotional messages to you from time to time. If you send us personal correspondence, such as letters, or if other users or third parties send us correspondence about your activities or postings on Shark ID, we may collect such information into a file specific to you.
1.4 Data for analytics:
We collect small amounts of information/data contained in your device for data analytics. Data analytics helps us track your navigation so that we can tailor our offerings to your specific needs. You hereby allow us, agree and acknowledge for below given data gathering and analytics so as to get personalized offerings to your specific needs:
Verification of mobile number
In order to access and use the features of the Shark ID, you acknowledge and agree that you will have to provide Shark ID with your mobile phone number. In order to provide the Services, Shark ID may periodically access your contact list and/or address book on your mobile device to find and keep track of mobile phone of other users of the Shark ID. We collect mobile number, Name, Father name, Last Name, Date of Birth, Blood Group, weight, nick name, religion, sub religion, company mobile numbers, IP phone, land line numbers, FAX no, personal email, office email, office address, designation department, home address, Skype ID, Emergency number, website, blog, twitter, account ID, Facebook group, Facebook page, Instagram handle, Pinterest handle, Wikipedia page, App store links, Press Coverage, Stock links, GEO tag. You are responsible for the information that you submit and that are displayed for your mobile phone number on the Shark ID. You clearly agree and acknowledge that Shark ID shall never be liable for any type of losses to you caused by any unauthorized use of your account. Further, you may be held liable for the losses to Shark ID or others due to such unauthorized use.
Personal Card and Business Card Information
The Shark ID allows Shark ID users to create personal and professional cards. Submitting personal or professional details, profile photos, privacy settings and other communication submitted by you as well as automatic card synchronization are part of Shark ID service and may be visible to other users of the service who have your mobile number in their phone which you have not blocked. Any information or status submission based on your privacy settings may be globally viewed by Shark ID users that have your mobile phone number or Shark ID on their smart phone so you agree that you shall not share or submit information of your cards or profile photos that you don’t want to be seen globally. If you don’t want the whole world to know something or see something about yourself then you shall not set your privacy settings as a public to that user(s) or group(s) in the Shark ID. The syncing of real time phonebook is on automatic basis. You clearly understand that in any case Shark ID does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to card submission of any type.
When you use Shark ID, you allow and authorize us to automatically record information from your device, its software, and your activity using the Services. This may include the Device’s Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, browser type, the web page visited before you came to our website, information you search for on our website, locale preferences, identification numbers associated with your devices, your mobile carrier, date and time stamps associated with transactions, system configuration information, metadata concerning your contacts, and other interactions with the Service.
Also, we use data collection mechanisms such as "cookies" on certain pages to help analyze our web/App page flow, measure promotional effectiveness, and promote trust and safety.
If you choose to post messages on our message boards, chat rooms or other message areas or leave feedback for other users, we retain this information as necessary to resolve disputes, provide customer support and troubleshoot problems as permitted by law.
1.5 Our use of your information
We use your personal information to facilitate the services you request. We do not sell, rent, trade or exchange any personally-identifying information of our Users. We may provide your collected information to our affiliates and service providers under contract (this may include but not limited to customer care, data analysts and others) to support the operation of the App/Website and our services. To the extent we use your personal information to market to you, we will provide you the ability to opt-out of such uses. We use your personal information to: resolve disputes; troubleshoot problems; help promote safe networking; collect fees owned; measure consumer interest in the services provided by us, inform you about online and offline offers, products, services, and updates; customize your experience; detect and protect us against errors, frauds and other criminal activities; enforce our User Agreements, and in general to improve the user experience and make it comparable to other social media websites; and as otherwise described to you at the time of collection. In our efforts to continually improve our product and service offerings, we collect and analyze demographics, profile and usage data about our users' activity on our Site/App.
We use your personal information to improve our platform, improve the App/Site's content and product offerings, prevent or detect fraud or abuses of our website/app and tailor it to meet your needs, so as to provide you with a smooth, efficient, safe and customized experience while using the Site.
Further, we shall use your personal data & contacts data use for following purposes:
- Creation of your account
- Securing access to your account
- Communicating with you regarding your account and usage of your service as well as respond to communication initiated by you
- Send newsletters, offers, surveys, notifications, card requests, phonebook update and other promotional material based on our services
- Creation of your digital contact profile
- Sharing your personal and business card with other based on your privacy
- Storage and archiving of the contacts for later retrieval for the purpose of reviewing, copying or restoring one of our services.
- Contacts data backed up from your phone will be stored for you to be able to view and edit it online as well as download it later on your or another phone
- Who has my Card: Identifying users in our systems who are your contacts to show you who among your contacts is also using Shark ID app
- Identifying and storing links between Personal data and Public data for the purpose of providing complete profile data for our users
- Send notifications to your contacts
1.6 Our Disclosure of your information
Shark ID may use personally identifiable information in an aggregated form and disclose to advertisers and other third parties for other marketing and promotional purposes.
Internal Service Providers
Other Corporate Entities
Shark ID gives you the choice regarding the collection and usage of your personally identifiable information.
Further, once you are registered at the Shark ID, you will have the option at any stage to inform us that you no longer wish to receive future e-mails/notifications and you may “unsubscribe” by contacting on unsubscribe link on our app/web.
Further, as per Rule 5(7) of the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 of Information Technology Act, 2000 amended through Information Technology Amendment Act, 2008, you have an option to withdraw your consent for use of your sensitive personal data given earlier to us. Such withdrawal of consent shall be sent via email to us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Reasonable Security Practices As per I.T. Act, 2000 and its Rules
We have implemented reasonable security practices as per Rule 8 of the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 of Information Technology Act, 2000 amended through Information Technology Amendment Act, 2008.
Access to your personal account online is password protected. We will not release your account password to any person. In the event that you forget your password, you may generate an on-line request for your password to be sent to your registered e-mail address used during your registration or reset the password using a link sent on your registered mail address.
Shark ID has implemented reasonably stringent, internationally acceptable standards of technology, managerial security, technical security, operational security and physical security in order to protect personally identifiable information from loss, misuse, disclosure, alteration or destruction. The data resides behind a firewall, with access restricted to authorized personnel of Shark ID.
Shark ID has implemented “Reasonable Security Practices& Procedures” as required by the Information Technology Act, 2000 rules including any amendment in the said Act and its rules. By complying with such provisions, Shark ID assures you reasonable care and control over its I.T. and Security operations under sections 43, 43A, 45, 66, 72A & 85 of I.T. Act, 2000 and I.T.A.A, 2008 including related rules and therefore you agree and acknowledge that Shark ID shall not be held responsible for any activity in your account which results from your failure to keep your own password/mobile secured.
Further, you clearly agree and acknowledge that if visitors/hackers spam your inbox using enquiry form/contact form bombing then we shall not to be held responsible for said problems.
By using this web/app you agree that Shark ID shall not be held responsible for any uncontrollable security attacks including but not limited to SSL Failures and in such cases you agree that Shark ID shall not be held responsible for any type of privacy and security breach related damages, financial losses, loss of opportunity, legal cost, business losses, reputation losses, direct and indirect losses that may occur to you as per the Provisions of Section 43, 43A and 45 of Information Technology Act, 2000 including any amendments in the said Act and any other laws of India for the time being in force.
You further agree that Shark ID’s management shall not be held responsible directly or indirectly for any cybercrimes related criminal liabilities under I.T. Act, 2000 relating to your information as you have agreed and acknowledged that management of Shark ID complies with due diligence (reasonable care & controls) requirements of I.T. Act, 2000 including its rules and amendments.
Our reasonable security practices & procedures include but not limited to following:
- SSL 128 bit
- Google Captcha
- Cross site scripting
- SQL Injection controls
- XSL(T) injection controls
- HTTP Header injection controls
- Cross-site request forgery controls(CSRF)
- Reverse proxy
- IP restriction
- SSH Tunnel blocking
- Cyber Crime, Cyber Law & Reasonable Security Practices Awareness program for Shark ID team to have managerial and operational security practices.
Further, you also agree and acknowledge that Shark ID management shall never be held responsible regarding privacy of your sensitive personal data in case of sharing your sensitive personal data to any authorized cyber investigation agency of appropriate government authorities under sections 67C, 69, 69A, 69B, 70B, 79 and 80 of I.T. Act, 2000 including its amendments and rules.
Access or change of your personally identifiable information
To protect your privacy and security, we will verify your identity before granting access or making changes to your personally identifying information. If you have registered your profile on Shark ID, your registered user ID, Password and other credentials (if any) are required in order to access/change your profile information.
- Grievance Redressal
If you have any questions or grievances regarding the privacy statement, practices of the site, or any other transaction issue, please contact our grievance officer on email@example.com.
We have appointed our grievance officer as per Rule 5 (9) of the Information Technology (Reasonable security practices and procedures and sensitive personal data or information) Rules, 2011 of Information Technology Act, 2000 amended through Information Technology Amendment Act, 2008 and you can contact our grievance officer (Name: Surabhi Agarwal) on firstname.lastname@example.org.
- What about children's privacy?
Use of Shark ID is available only to persons who can form a legally binding contract under the Indian Contract Act, 1872. If you are under the age of 18, you shall not use Shark ID. If you still wish to register on Shark ID then such a registration shall be made by your legal guardian or parent.
Intermediary Compliance Policy
These Intermediary Guidelines of compliance statement is in compliance with section 79 of I.T. Act, 2000, and its rules namely The Information Technology (Intermediary Guidelines) Rules, 2011. This statement applies to all users of www.sharkid.in, its mobile app and other integrated systems (“Shark ID”). By using this App/web you agree and acknowledge to be bound by terms of this statement. References in these Terms to "we" or "us" are references to Shark ID and its integrated systems and “you” as users of Shark ID.
Purpose of intermediary compliance
The issue of intermediary compliance is extremely crucial for Shark ID which is committed to safeguarding the information provided by its users as well safeguarding interest of various government agencies.
Terms of statement
- As per Such rules and regulations, terms and conditions or user agreement, we hereby inform you not to host, display, upload, modify, publish, transmit, update or share any information that, -
- belongs to another person and to which the user does not have any right to;
- is grossly harmful, blasphemous, defamatory, obscene, pornographic including child pornography, pedophilic, libelous, invasive of another’s privacy, hateful or racially, ethnically objectionable, dispersing, relating or encouraging money laundering or gambling or otherwise unlawful in any manner whatever;
- Harms minors in any way;
- Infringes any patent, trademark, copyright or other proprietary rights;
- Violates any law for the time being in force;
- Deceives or misleads the address about the origin of such messages or communicates any information which is grossly offensive or menacing in nature;
- Impersonates another person;
- Contains software viruses or any other computer code, files or programs designed to interrupt, destroy or limit the functionality of any computer resource;
- Threatens the unity, integrity, defense, security or sovereignty of India, friendly relations with foreign states, or public order or causes incitement to the commission of any cognizable offence or is insulting any other nation.
- We at Shark ID agree that we shall not knowingly host or publish any information or shall not initiate the transaction, select the receiver or transmission and select or modify the information contained in the transmission as specified in clause 2.
- We at Shark ID agree that upon obtaining knowledge by itself or been brought to actual knowledge by an affected person in writing or through email signed with electronic signature about any such information as mentioned in clause 2 above, have established the system to act within thirty six hours and where applicable, work with user of such information to disable such information that is in contravention of clause 2. Further, we agree to preserve such information and associated records for at least ninety days for investigation purposes. Furthermore, you clearly agree and acknowledge that you remain solely liable for the contents you post in your private messages or on the web/app.
- We at Shark ID agree and acknowledge that when required by lawful order, we will provide information or any such assistance to various Government Agencies who are lawfully authorized for investigative, protective, cyber security activity. The information or any such assistance shall be provided for the purpose of verification of identity, or for prevention, detection, investigation, prosecution, cyber security incidences and punishment of offences under any law for the time being in force, on a request in writing stating clearly the purpose of seeking such information or any such assistance.
- We at Shark ID agree to share cyber security incidents related information with the Indian Computer Emergency Response Team of India (CERT-IN) as and when requested by authorized representative of CERT-IN.
- We at Shark ID agree that we shall not knowingly deploy or install or modify the technical configuration of computer resource or become party to any such act which may change or has the potential to change the normal course of operation of the computer resource than what it is supposed to perform thereby circumventing any law for the time being in force. Provided that we may develop, produce, distribute or employ technical means for the sole purpose of performing the acts of securing the computer resource and information contained therein.
- We declare that our Grievance Officer shall put its best efforts to redress the complaints within one month from the date of receipt of complaint. Affected parties and Govt. authorities are requested to use below information for any grievances.
Name: Ms. Surabhi Agarwal
Designation: Grievance Officer, Shark ID
Contact email: email@example.com
Our Process of grievance handling:
Step1: Send email stating facts on our contact email.
Step2: We will send you reply for more details.
Step3: Provide more details and e-evidences to support your facts.
Step4: Grievance Resolution.